- Regular: $10 Active Members, $15 Non Members
- Super: $15 Active Members, $20 Non Members
- Double: $20 Active Members, $30 Non Members
- Super Regular: $25 Active Members, $35 Non Members
What is Vitamin B12?
- Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin for maintaining a healthy, functioning body.
What will Vitamin B12 do for my body?
- Vitamin B12 aids in the DNA production during cell division, the healthy development of red blood cells and maintaining a healthy normal nervous system. It also assists our bodies in effectively metabolizing protein, fat, and carbohydrates. B12 has been found to be helpful in the absorption of calcium and in ensuring the immune system is functioning at its optimal level. It also control homo cysteine levels, which may lead to decreased risk of stroke, coronary disease, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer’s. In addition to all of the extraordinary benefits, this supplement has been shown to produce a substance that affects and enhances mood. B-12 is also known as the energy vitamin because it can provide us with and extra boost of energy.
How will B12 help me reach my fitness goals?
- Vitamin B12 is very beneficial during weight loss programs because it can increase metabolism, which in turn, increases weight loss. The enhancement in mood and energy it provides can assist you in maintaining your diet by motivating you to exercise and increase your physical activity. B12 can also help fight stress and depression which are often associated with weight gain.
Why can’t I just take an oral supplement?
- B12 is a water -soluble that is very difficult to absorb. When this vitamin is injected directly into the muscle, it allows for better absorption which is needed to obtain the full benefit.
Prescription and Non-prescription Drug Interaction:
- If you are pregnant or lactating, please consult your physician before receiving B12 injections. Please consult your physician if you have been diagnosed with liver or kidney disease or are taking any of the following medications/substances:
- Excessive amounts of alcohol, Antibiotics such as Chloramphenicol, Cimetide, Colchicine, Methotrexate (Rheumatrex or Trexall). Neomycin, Para-aminosalicyclic acid (Paser), Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Potassium supplements, Primidone, Pyrimethamine (Daraprim), Vitamin Products.
Side Effects: Mild diarrhea, nausea, headache, itching, bruising, temporary feeling of warmth and pain at the injection site may occur. IF any of these effects continue or become bothersome, please consult your physician.